This short article will give you all the information you need to create or interact with a changelog.
What is a changelog?
A changelog allows you to describe any change you have made regarding an Ownership, so that each member of the team can understand any change on any Ownership.
How can I add a changelog to an ownership?
First, there are different ways to start creating a changelog:
- Directly in the changelogs page tab by clicking on “Add a changelog”
- Within the Ownership infopanel, in the dedicated Changelog Tab
- Within your Homepage, you can directly choose to add a changelog in 1 of you Ownerships
Once you’ve clicked on “ Add a changelog” the Changelog form opens, asking you to fill in the following information :
- Ownership: a changelog has to be linked to an Ownership to be created. If you created it directly in the infopanel of via the homepage, this field is automatically pre-filled.
- Title : what is this changelog about?
- Date : the current date is pre-filled but you can edit it if needed
- Team mood: How would you describe the mood of the team working on the changelog?
- Changes description : explain the breaking changes that you want the whole team to be informed about : decisions taken, key actions realized, etc. You can write Changelog in markdown.
Where can I explore the changelogs?
There are also several ways to read your team’s changelogs:
- On your homepage in the Newsfeed “Last updates”
- On every Ownerships’ Changelog
- In the general Newsfeed
- In your Crystal Slack Channel if you plugged Crystal and Slack together
- In the Changelogs feature : your search can be more accurate as you can filter changelogs by author, publication date, Ownership.